Aberdare National Park is one of the beautiful Kenya national parks that travelers can visit and enjoy amazing Kenya safari tours any time of the year. Aberdare National Park teems of majestic peaks, moorlands and intriguing falls, a true gem of magical Kenya safaris! Aberdare National Park is characterised by picturesque steep forested ravines and open moorland, providing a habitat for elephants, black rhinos, leopards, black rhinos, spotted hyenas, black and white colobus monkeys, warthogs, and so much more. Rare animals in Aberdare National Park include the Giant Forest hogs, bongo, serval cat, golden cat, African civet cat, African wild cat, and the blue duiker.
While at Aberdare National Park, travelers can enjoy activities in Aberdare National Park like picnics, trout fishing in the rivers in Aberdare National Park, camping in the moorlands, bird watching of the over 270 birds in Aberdare National Park. Birds in Aberdare National Park include among others Goshawks, eagles, sunbirds, plovers, and the Jackson’s Francolin among so many others.
Highlights and Attractions in Aberdare National Park
- The amazing and beautiful mountain scenery in Aberdare National park is one of the top highlights and attractions in Aberdare National Park. Be sure to enjoy the beautiful scenic views on a game drive and other activities in Aberdare National Park.
- Picturesque waterfalls is another of the top highlights and attractions in Aberdare National Park.
- Wildlife in Aberdare National Park is an attraction in Aberdare National Park that attracts travelers to the park. In terms of birds, there are over 260 birds in Aberdare National Park thus having travelers being able to enjoy bird watching while in the park, any time of the year. Animals in Aberdare National Park include elephants, buffaloes, leopards among so many others, including rare animals including Black serval, black leopards which are very rare to find, the eastern Bongo among so many others. Game drives, guided walking safaris and others are some of the activities in Aberdare National Park to enjoy whilst on a Kenya safari in the park, to see the different wildlife in Aberdare National Park.
- Another highlight of Aberdare National Park is watching the elephant herds at the waterhole in front of the famous Treetops Lodge, a famous and sought after Aberdare National Park lodge. Staying at the luxurious Treetops Lodge comes pricy but is a worthwhile experience where you get to watch the wildlife in the comfort of your lounging area!
- Nature walks or hiking are another highlight of Aberdare National Park to enjoy!
- Trout fishing in the rivers in the park shall amaze you as well!
- Other things to enjoy while at Aberdare National Park include horseback riding, golfing and tennis!
Getting to Aberdare National Park
Aberdare National Park is about 150km east of Nairobi and is most easily accessible from Nyeri and Naro Moru by road. Aberdare National Park is about 87km from Naivasha. Flying to Aberdare National park is also possible. Most travelers look for road safaris to Aberdare National Park on the other hand, usually booked through a tour operator like Focus East Africa Tours!
When to visit Aberdare National Park
Aberdare National Park ca be visited all throughout the year, irrespective of the season. The best time of visiting Aberdare National Park however is during the dry season in the months of June through October, and late December through February.
Aberdare National Park Accommodation
As you plan your Aberdare National Park safari, knowing where to sleep is an important aspect to plan for. Aberdare accommodation to consider include The Ark Lodge, Aberdare Country Club, and Outspan Hotel among others.
As you plan your Kenya safari tour, including Aberdare National Park which is a little gem of Kenya national parks is a great idea giving you an opportunity to visit one of the not-so-much visited Kenya national parks. Get in touch with a reputable Kenya safari planner like Focus East Africa Tours to help you pitch an amazing Aberdare National Park safari any time of the year. You can have a 3 Days Aberdare National Park safari solely, as well as combining the park with other Kenya national parks like Masai Mara National Reserve, Lake Nakuru National Park, Amboseli National Park, Samburu National Park, Tsavo National Park and so much more. Ending your Kenya safari with a beach holiday in Mombasa or Diani beach is a great way to get to relax after your Kenya safari. Liaise with your preferred Kenya safari planner to help you pitch an amazing Kenya safari guide including Aberdare National Park visit.